Sunday, August 17, 2008

and Nothing on my 'to do' list got done....

As Thomas and I caught up on Instant Messaging on Friday morning, I complained about how 'boring' my weekend was going to be. I was probably listing off the things on my 'to do' list as Thomas typed "meet me in Chicago?" I immediately wanted to figure out HOW we could possibly do this. With some research related to Visas/number of visits allowed in the US, and two booked plane tickets...we were set to meet in Chicago on Saturday afternoon! I couldn't believe it was actually going to happen! Thomas flew standby, and I flew on miles...and somehow we justified many hours on a plane (for him) to hang out for 24 hours! It was a wonderful weekend, with beautiful weather in Chicago...and time together! I'm so thankful Thomas is just as spontaneous as me....because this definitely ranks high on my 'spontaneity list'!

We had dinner at a Thai restaurant near our hotel.

We spent today walking around the City & enjoying the sunshine. We started to take a cab to Navy Pier, and my impatience got in the way as I insisted we were 'close' and should get out of the cab. After about a mile of walking towards Navy Pier was when I finally admitted that maybe I had required us to get out of the cab too early...oops!

The 24 hours went by way to fast, but will help us survive until September 20th, when Thomas comes to Colorado again. On the way home I had to fly through Cedar Rapids, Iowa---the worlds smallest airport, where T-shirts like this are sold...
It was a wonderful weekend and I'm really grateful we had the opportunity to make it happen! And I'm even more glad to still have everything on my 'to do' list left to do....it was more than worth it!

No comments: