After a wonderful first few weeks back in Colorado- complete with a visit from our friend Jen Loveland and a very fun 'welcome back party' (THANK YOU AMBER!!).....I have offically finished my first two weeks of nursing school...whoa is it a shock to the system! I'm not used to sitting in a classroom, much less for 7 hours a day! The first day was nerve-wracking....all of the same things that we all dealt with in school came back. What should I wear? Where will I sit? What if I get called on? It is funny how those things don't change. I'm taking three classes right now and two are pretty intense. But rest assured...I have made a few friends and I'm actually enjoying settling into a routine. I even took my first exam on Friday and managed to get a "B." Life is good.
The coolest part about what I'm doing is that I KNOW 100% it is exactly where I'm supposed to be! There isn't that wandering piece of my mind anymore wondering if I'm doing 'enough' or 'the right thing'....it is a really cool feeling! I'll try to keep everyone posted on the in's/outs of being a student at 33- I actually laugh a lot during the day about what I'm doing. I mean, who still has to go to the bookstore or decide where to eat on campus at this age? I admire a few of the people in my program who are doing this with kids and families....I'm excited for that stage of my life- but glad to just be worrying about me right now!
No comments:
Post a Comment