Sunday, October 26, 2008

What a GREAT Weekend....

This weekend started out by attending Jess's first art opening & celebrating Ang's birthday (for a second time- she demands it! :)). It was a really great night filled with art, friends, karaoke and some local haunts. Amber brought Ang a yodelling pickle for her birthday- because why wouldn't you?! Ang and I did our rendition of "Don't Stop Believing", complete with a routine...of course.

The Birthday Girl and the yodelling pickle...
The curator herself....Jess did a wonderful job hosting people at a local coffee shop to view a local artists art. This is her and Eric after the art festivities.
Stephanie, Jess and Jeanne.

Marc, Ian and Kristen.
Jess and Angela.
Saturday I got to spend the afternoon with Kara and we saw Secret Life of Bees- highly recommended! (Both hanging out with Kara and the movie!) Saturday night, we had a fun girls night out of dancing! Although none of us could power through to make it out too late- we did enjoy dancing to more than enough songs.

Sunday Angela and I had Mia & Eternity over (our little sisters from Big Brother/Big Sister) for some pumpkin carving and dinner. When we arrived home after purchasing the pumpkins Ang looks at me as says "is this not cool anymore? they don't seem very excited." They eventually got into it, but we may have picked a 'dorky' activity in their eyes--it is just so hard to know what is cool for the day! Here is Mia carving her pumpkin.

After pumpkin carving, Mia and Eternity decided to teach each other some dance moves. Of course Ang and I were later challenged to do them too---which we pulled off pretty well, I think!


The final pumpkin carvings...
Now, I'm killing time until it is 5 a.m. in Ireland and I can call Thomas and wish him Good Luck when he runs the Dublin Marathon Monday Morning. I'm very proud and excited to hear how it goes!

No comments: