I made it home to Portland on Friday, and I'm VERY glad I came home then. By the time I got up on Saturday morning, it had started snowing and it hasn't stopped. The thing I 'forgot' about living in Portland from my childhood, was that with snow...comes ice. This morning nearly everything was completely frozen over, chains are required, most flights are cancelled, and freeways are closed. I kept asking 'we really can't drive?'....and the truth is...we really can't drive!Gabe and Kristin are here and can't get home--so, we have had a great day of games, movies and the favorite Herron Family past-time...eating!
We just went on a walk down to the river, where we saw and heard 4 trees fall. Maybe not a great day to take a walk in the woods.
Here is Kristin helping me show how the ice covers everything!



No comments:
Post a Comment