People joke at work that I am the 'moral compass'....because my main worries are if they have enough food, if we made sure they are comfortable for their 6 week stay, did we tell them were vegetarian restaurants are? are they working too hard?....the list goes on! But really....to heck with this work stuff.....I want them to enjoy their stay here!! One of the guys (Kavin) is getting married in June and his wife is coming back with him...I have of course already committed Ang and I to being one of her closest friends.....so far, Kavin has agreed.
For three of them this is their first time to the United States....and everything is an adventure! They told me today that American babies are calm and chubby....and that Denver is the calmest place on earth....because we don't honk if we have to wait for 30 seconds at a light!
This weekend we attended a baseball game...and we were lucky enough to be seated in a box with great food, drinks and a view! The guys kept saying how 'awesome' it was...that is one American slang word they picked up on quickly!
At the baseball game....
Today Ang and I took them on a shopping adventure, to their two requested stores...the Dollar Store and Walmart! They had heard about Walmart and were excited to see it! Here is the car after the Dollar Store....
Entering Walmart...imagine how over-whelming that would be! No less than 3.5 hours later....Ang and I had gone down EVERY aisle in Walmart.....and they had filled their baskets!


No comments:
Post a Comment