Monday, June 1, 2009

Its official....well...almost....

With classes finished and only the state test in front of me, I finished my CNA class this weekend! It seems most reasonable if you start calling me Nurse Herron from this point on....

The class hours were long and our clinicals were in a nursing home with patients who needed various levels of care. I LOVED interacting with the elderly, talking with them, making sure they are comfortable etc. I learned some valuable lessons of what to do or not to do while changing depends, among other fine lessons!

Here is a picture of me and my friend Karen. She is an IT person looking to make a career change.

The entire graduating class outside of our facility.
Any good party be it for beginning or endings.....should include a potluck. A few items that were represented at the potluck....cool-aid pie, potato pie, sausage dip and MANY other questionable dishes.
I'm hoping to get a job as a CNA in a hospital for several hours a week and maybe eventually do some work with hospice. But for now....for the month of June....I'm going to relax and enjoy not having class!

No comments: