Sunday, June 7, 2009

one house going not-so-well......

Although the Corona Remodel is going well, the rental has been a real S#$T show this week. Quite literally. The sewer got a 'belly' in it--which means that the clay pipe sunk and we had sewer backing up into the downstairs---ew! What was supposed to be a 2 ft by 66 ft trench- turned into a 6 ft by 66 ft trench and basically the entire backyard! Apparently the backyard was a sand-pit and things kept collapsing as they dug.

They called in the middle of the day to tell me the project wasn't going very well....I did the ONLY logical thing, left work right when they called and stood in the middle of it and cried. Although that may have helped with the price reduction...I was later embarrassed that all I could do was cry. I was just SO overwhelmed! Here is a picture of the backyard. Those are the stairs that lead to our back door.
Pretty big hole to be in your back yard.....luckily the only thing that my renter was concerned with was if she could still have her rummage sale that weekend?!! I think my face looked so shocked at that point she realized the cratering hole in her backyard wasn't a good time to ask if she could sell her 13 baby strollers and old clothes.
Back ho in the back yard...just another day at Ang and Linds bad-investment....

No comments: