Happy to be taking 'training' off my list....not that I was such a hard 'trainer'...its always the day of the race that you realize WHY training is so important. I now wish I would have ran more than 9 miles during my training. It was a beautiful day to be running, but a bit hot--and for those people that said there were no hills on the course---they are officially liars. But Ang and I finished...she actually had a really great run and kept up a little over a 9 min mile pace for the 1/2 marathon! Good work!
Here I am crossing the finish line:

Here is Ang...she told us later that she is actually doing the 'fist pump' to the tune of "if you like then you better put a ring on it"...because that is what was stuck in her head from Mile 4 when her Ipod went out. I seriously think if my Ipod went out...I would sit down and be done.

That does bring me back to the first half marathon that I did...with Shannon...and we were both carrying Walkman's with mixed tapes. Yikes! We also both showed up in Seattle with all-cotton gear on for a run that rained the entire time!
3 comments:
I'm hysterically laughing remembering the walkmans and cotton running gear. Remember when we thought it was perfectly fine to drive 3 hours back to PDX right after the 1/2 marathon?
I forgot to say, awesome job! You rock and I miss you as my running partner :)
Way to go Linds, I am impressed that you can even squeeze training into your busy life. Congrats!
-Stace
Post a Comment