Sunday, May 16, 2010

A weekend with Avery....

This weekend Ang and I were with Avery the whole weekend while Josh and Kara went to San Francisco. I've learned a few things this weekend:

1. I never want to be a single parent- and I am SO amazed by people who are single parents- this is a LOT of work.
2. Having Avery say my name (unprovoked) the first time was SO sweet and warmed my heart!
3. When Avery has a little temper tantrum- I can't stop laughing- which probably doesn't help.
4. Kids slow things down and make you take the time to really look at things, and I'm MORE excited to be a mom someday!

Ang and Avery reading a book- when we sent this picture to Kara she responded with nothing more than 'where are her pants?'---fair question.


We took Avery to the farmers market on Saturday morning- she was wonderful and only decided to sit down in the middle of the farmers market once or twice. Here is is dipping her pretzels in a soup sample we got. Look at her outfit! I mean!!!
We went on a walk in the afternoon and Avery took a moment to sit right in some people's landscaping....why not?

Just giving Kona a hug....usually Kona gets to run....but this time Avery gave her a REALLY long hug.....


Only Avery's aunties put her in white tights and a dress to head to the park. The best part of her outfit was the butt of her pants.....
Just taking time to smell the flowers....

Ang and Avery and the baby on a walk....

Excuse me while I crawl over this rain gutter....

Down the slide....
Putting baby to sleep by putting rocks on her chest.....
Maybe Avery isn't ready to be a mom yet....

No comments: