Friday, June 4, 2010

My head is spinning with applications....

I definitely owe a decent blog update....my mom was just here and we had an AMAZING time! She is such a wonderful mom for many reasons, but specifically that she is always so supportive of whatever task I may have at hand for the weekend. I volunteered her to work at the Boulder Creek Festival, which I volunteer at every Memorial Day Weekend. She was game of course....and soon found herself managing the Main Command Post of a festival that brings in about 400,000 people. She was so great! She just asked questions and got the job done. I can't wait for her to come back next year...and neither can Kara and the other staff!

She also helped me build 2 raised bed gardens, weeded my whole yard, did some mending, took measurements for curtains...ya know...the usual. Within 5 minutes of being in my house she had attempted to fix my faucet and was starting to bake bread. And I wonder where I get my skills of multi-tasking?!

I'm right in the middle of nursing school applications- ugh! Just so many little pieces to organize and move forward. I didn't think I had waited until the last minute, but as always....everything takes longer than planned. They are due on the 15th of June- and I will be fine. Just a few stressful days in front of me. Anyone want to review essays or resumes? Let me know!

In the middle of the chaos today, of running around for a bunch of application stuff...my car got towed. So annoying!! I dropped a few choice words, for which I had to apologize for later. And.....$190 later....the red Honda is in my possession. Apparently (who knew!), if you park in this lot you must stay on the plaza, that has various stores in it. My plan was to park there for a short minute, run my errand across the street.... and then get a coffee from one of the places on the plaza. However....I did leave the plaza, and therefore my car was towed. It is such a strange feeling to come back to your car and not have it there.....

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I love your mom! She is so awesome :)
Good luck with the apps! Can't wait to see you in July at the wedding!