Thursday, July 8, 2010

Sad face...

Tomorrow my dad would have been 65 years old. I wish so much that we could have celebrated that birthday. It is so strange how each 'first' effects me so deeply, and similar to Fathers Day, I'm not looking forward to tomorrow. I have had a month of feeling like I was 'doing better', but July hasn't been my favorite month ever. I'm sure the combination of Fathers Day and his birthday are the major causes....but there are days, when I feel like the pain is as thick as it was when it first happened.

A few memories about my dad's birthdays....he always picked Chinese chicken salad for his birthday dinner, he LOVED to get candy for his birthday, his sister always got him funny cards with nuns on them (reminiscent of their catholic school days) and his birthday list was similar to his Christmas lists- it was the same EVERY year!

Tomorrow I will celebrate all of my loving memories of that dad of mine...and wish that we could celebrate have celebrated more birthdays together.....sad face:(

1 comment:

BB said...

Oh Lindsay, I am just so sad reading this. You have some great memories.