Saturday, May 5, 2012

I'm BACK....and ready to blog!

A lot has happened since my last blog post....I finished nursing school, graduated, passed my boards and now have a full-time RN position on an Oncology Unit! I'm very excited to get this next chapter of my life started and in doing that...my current motto is "Get Busy Doing What you LOVE!" Not that I didn't like nursing school or long hours of studying...BUT a lot of things that I really love doing got pushed to the bottom of the to-do list...and I'm now remembering/figuring out all of those things again. Blogging is included on this list. I love writing about normal day-to-day things that I think are fun/funny/interesting....it is such a good way to express and share what is going on in your life! So...I'm back.

I had my first two days in computer training this week...although I had used the program before- as an RN there are a million little tricks that I needed to learn to chart/enter orders etc. It is a bit daunting...but as with anything I know that once I get started working- some of it will come naturally. I hope. I should officially start on the floor this week. I will have 3-6 months with a preceptor and longer if I need it. I'm excited, nervous and just hoping that some of the things I learned in nursing school start to come back to me! 

No comments: