Monday, July 18, 2011

Catching up....

It has been WAY too long since I last blogged. I would apologize- but I've also realized that there are certain things that are just NOT going to get done in 2011. Blogging is one of them. I still love catching up on people's blogs- but I can't seem to sit down to write. Ugh.

It has been a fun June/July. After making my way through Med/Surge I- with an A, I may add....I have been in a pediatric rotation and now I just started community health. Both pediatrics and community health are definite breathers after Med/Surge...and I've been enjoying my time!

Ang and I took a road trip to South Dakota to see Mt. Rushmore- why not right? Crossed another state off my list, camped, road tripped- it was fun!

Also headed to Boston for Melissa Valentine's (Kara's little sister) wedding. It was a great event and a great excuse to head to Boston and visit my old stomping grounds. It did make me miss the city quite a bit!

Kara and Ang headed out earlier in the week to prepare for the wedding and took Avery with them. I came out with Josh (Kara's husband) later in the week. Once Josh made it to the airport with sweet little Bryn, it was time to relax. I was happy to be on her first flight ever...and she was an angel! Here is Bryn...and Josh's hand....on the flight...classy.


Avery and her cousin Sammy at the wedding. They were SO cute and danced the night away!

Bryn- getting ready for the wedding! She is learning to stick her tongue out:)

Kids dancing before the ceremony began...they were even more excited when there was music...


Waiting for the bride...everyone looked wonderful!


Ang and I at the wedding....don't judge my re-peat wedding dress...its been at every wedding for the last two years...
I was not much of a photographer during the wedding...but here is a fuzzy-first-dance photo....Melissa and Andrew were a beautiful couple and they had such a wonderful group of friends that made the wedding really fun! SO much dancing...of course I was sore the next day!




The siblings....Kara, Melissa and Chris.




Avery getting her jig-on.


SO MUCH DANCING........


Kara and Ang at the reception.


Not surprisingly- Avery was really worn out the next day and was a complete zoo on the plane ride home. I know some of you have been worried about your kids crying for an entire flight....well, Avery made these dreams a reality and was SO sad for 4 hours....Kara and Josh were champs and Ang and I took care of Bryn....who of course, was an angel:) This is how Avery felt about the day in general....poor kid!


On the weekend of the 4th I spent some time with my school friends in the mountains- camping and hiking. It was (of course) a 4th of July theme and everyone was VERY into the theme....dressing up- even during a hike. Here is my friend Christen and I on our hike.


We had quite the crew and attempted to hike up to some lakes. We were surprised to see snow in July and it did shorten our hike quite a bit.


It was not to cold to swim.....okay, well really, it was....but Kelli and I thought it was necessary to take a dip. FREEZING cold!


No hike in July is complete without a snow angel or two....


On the actual 4th we hosted a BBQ at our house....HUGE pool (as you can see) and slip and slide...what more can you really want? Snow to the pool all in one weekend!


School buddies- Raf, Amber and Kyle....notice Kyles headband? It was also present on the camping trip. Just some slip and sliding....
Ian and Ang showing off their baked and grilled goods...



It has been a fun few weeks- continuing with a quick trip to Portland this weekend to see that sweet nephew of mine....more pictures of him after the weekend!!

No comments: