Monday, August 10, 2009

Many reasons a husband would be useful....

Most of you have probably heard me say before that the two things I want a husband for are cars and investing. Of COURSE I would love to fall in love for many reasons--but when I'm dealing with cars and investing....I always wish I had a husband who loves that stuff more than me!

This weekend I found one more reason.

Ang and I had let the yard grow to an extraordinary length. I was finally so embarrassed that I mowed the front last week, but of course since people don't see the backyard....I let it keep growing until this weekend. I finally set out to mow the lawn in the heat of the day on Sunday. The lawn was SO long that the lawnmower kept stopping every few feet. I had seen my dad let the lawnmower 'cool down', so I figured that was the case. Ang arrived home and I told her I couldn't BELIEVE that the lawn was so long that it was shutting down our mower! We decided that it wasn't worth it to let the lawn grown that long again.

As I tried to start it again (after another 15 minute 'cool down' session)....a light bulb clicked and I checked the gas. Dry as a bone, empty as a fridge in a frat house......at that moment I laughed....and then hoped that even if my husband never mows the lawn, I hope he at least yells from his recliner in the house....CHECK the GAS! It would have been helpful.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I am laughing so hard right now reading this! That is hilarious!