Sunday, August 9, 2009

A Surprise Girls Weekend!!

Last weekend, I spent the weekend in NYC with my college girlfriends! Stacey and I had planned on visiting Shan for her Birthday...but last January everyone else decided to come along and surprise Shan! It was definitely a surprise and such a great weekend!

When Shan arrived at her apartment with Stacey and I...the other girls were waiting. The photo that best sums up her surprise can be seen at http://www.osufam.blogspot.com . We spent the night at Shan and Kris's and headed to NYC the next day. We spent time shopping, eating and of course doing what we do best--talking about any subject we can get our hands on!

Here we are in the subway...
Hanging out in the apartment we rented in the West Village.
Headed out to dinner.
After dinner on Saturday night Jaime convinced Kel and I that we should head to a club. Of course, my biggest concern is not having the right 'thing to wear' and/or not being let into the club--as people in NYC can be a bit snooty.
We waited in line for a while--and then saw people coming out of a door that was connected to the club. At this point, we decide the ONLY logical thing to do is to sneak in this door that people are coming out. Jaime went first...I followed....and much to her dismay Kel followed. Kel admitted that at that point in time, if someone grabbed her arm and told her she was going the wrong way, she would have crumpled to the sidewalk and started to cry. She looked as if I had asked her to give up her 1st born. BUT...we got in!
As we walked with confidence into the club we had just snuck into- we were more than proud. It was only after ordering drinks, and looking at the receipt that we realized we hadn't really 'snuck' into anywhere but a steak house that must be connected to the club. I'm not sure what is more embarrassing....walking into the equivalent of a Mortons and thinking it was a club ....or just sneaking into a steakhouse....Classy ladies....classy.
Although I made it home on my original itinerary...Tara, Jaime and Kel got stuck in Philly for 2 days due to storms. Yuck! They seemed in good spirits each time I talked to them while they camped out in their 'motel' for 2 days without luggage. But don't worry...United gave them a $10 food voucher...so, they felt MORE than compensated.
It was a REALLY great weekend--and good to catch up with everyone!

No comments: