Saturday, November 28, 2009

13 hours at 13 degrees.....

Ang and I took a 13 hour bus ride last night....and I think the bus was about 13 degrees also. I had on a beanie, my ski jacket, scarf and pants....and was still freezing! For some reason it was appropriate to put the AC on the entire night.....at least we slept for some of it. We travelled from San Gil to Santa Marta...and then took a cab to Tagonga...a small fishing town.

Yesterday we did some white water rafting...OH MY GOSH!! It was the scariest white water rafting ever...and forsure were class 5....I´ve been on class 5 before...but never like this. There were drops that were at least 6 feet.....and the largest problem was that all of the directions the guide was giving us was in Spanish. All I knew...is that I was on the right side of the boat....and when he said ´la recha´(spelled incoorectely)...I paddled...and then I also learned the command for éveryone IN the boat´......those seemed like the most important ones. Nobody came out of the boat on the worst of the rapids, but I got thrown out on another rapid and was calmer then I thought I would be...I held onto my paddle and got my feet out in front of me.....and popped up screaming....Í´m okay, I´m okay´.....which I´m sure didn´t translate. It was a great day....and we met some cool guys that are starting a hostel in San Gil and grabbed dinner with them afterwards...it was great to have them as translators.

The sad news of the day is I left my camera on the bus....fortunately, it isn´t the camera we have been using the most...but I´m still bummed.

No comments: