Sunday, November 29, 2009

Puddles on bloody pero row....

Ang and I are staying at a hostel right now....and right out side the front door is where all of the street dogs in the town seem to congregate (my personal hell)...they are all VERY lazy and just lay around the street. The motorcylces drive around them....and even if you almost step on them, they would care less. We started calling the street ´bloody pero row´(not sure if I¨m spelling dog right in Spanish)....becuase we walked down it yesterday and every dog had some form of blood on them, from a dog fight I´m sure....that is just to help paint a picture..... many bloody dogs, lying all over a dirt road....some garbage (not a ton) and various puddles of unidentified water in the street.

Last night when we went out with these two Canadian guys we met...it was dark out and we were headed to a nearby salsa club (in our flip flops). As we walk out we are talking about if we should head down ´bloody pero row´....or take another street. Anyways....we are all talking and all of a sudden Ang steps in one of the unidentified pools of water....I have NEVER seen her move so fast...I mean, high knees, squealing......and jumping all over the place. I, of course, was dying laughing....and the guys we were with said that they thought Ang was the ´calm-cool traveler´until that little dance came out. Due to her disgust we had to head back to the hostel to get her feet cleaned....it was pretty gross.

We went to a salsa club and danced with all of the locals....believe me, us white girls have NO hips in comparision to these Columbian ladies. I mean...we look pretty disasterious on the dance floor. It was really fun...and we enjoyed our night. We both commented that we would not have been there had we not met the Candadian guys, which....although annoying that there are places we just wouldn´t venture out to alone...it seemed much safer and nice to have them around. Columbia in general, is very safe....maybe one of the safest we have travelled....but we are still both hyper aware of situations we would put ourselves in.

Today we may hike into the Parke Tayrona...but I just woke up and Ang is asleep in a hammock. Oh the life.....

No comments: